BGT FOR SALE

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: BGT FOR SALE
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 13:28:56 -0400
BGT FOR SALE

My friend, Patrick Hand, who is not on the network, has a chrome-bumpered
'74 BGT for sale.  It runs well, has excellent oil pressure, and though it
has some rust in the bottoms of the sills and quarters, it is very
presentable as-is and the floors seem solid.  It is the darker, "muddier"
version of the Bronze Yellow color as on my '71 GT.  Interior: seat
upholstery is unoriginal but quite neat.  A coverlay, a good
vacuuming/scrubbing and a bit of Armorall would do wonders.  Patrick says
it has  new tires, and he intends to rebush the kingpins, etc. before
selling it.

I think it would make an excellent driver.  Unless exposed to lots of
snow/salt, it could go years before requiring the sill/quarter repairs.
He's asking $2,000 and I think he's negotiable.  ' Would buy it myself only
I already have two GTs - and I just found a '59 Bugeye I think we've gotta
have (Hey, it was built at Abingdon!).

Patrick's phone # is 703-639-9142.  Or address me on the net if interested.
I may be a bit slower responding after this week tho as I'll be spending
much more time in the garage and much less at the computer - which is 20
miles from the garage!

Allen H. Bachelder, Associate Professor of Trumpet
                                         =iii=<
Department of Music, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
E-mail: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu, Phone: 703-231-6713,  Fax 703-231-5034