Signal lites

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Signal lites
From: Locman@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 15:46:16 -0400
   Thanks to all who responded to my call for help on signal lamps, judging
by the response it seems to be a common problem.
    Several people were correct that the cause ,once all the bullet
connectors and fixture grounds have been cleaned, is usually a bad connection
in the emergency flasher switch. I was very pleased to find that the much
berated Lucus rocker switches in my 75 B are easily dissassembeled and
cleaned (w/ Scotchbrite pads). Also don't make the mistake I made of extended
testing of circuits with a weak battery. No smoke in the circuit = no blink
in the bulbs.
   I bought a new top and have been fussing with it ever since, once I get it
tight enough to pull all the wrinkles out it becomes hard to latch up. It
latches ok in the sun but on cool shady days it's quite a job. Do tops strech
as they break in or do they shrink and so consequently should be installed a
little loose?  I bought the top from NOS Locators in R.I. and it's billed as
"pre shrunk".
   Also does anyone have any instructions on the proper way to fold the top
down?  A friend (non MGB owner) said not to unsnap the rear at all and just
to fold it down as it is. I now have a small tear near the quarter window !

                                                    Lew Hosier