Re: Team.Net access

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Team.Net access
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 08:43:12 -0500
On 12 May 95 at 12:46, Engstrom Par, Bergslag wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to ftp.team.net to find out if there is something
> aviable on the emisson control layout for a -72 mgb

Sorry, we don't have on-line manuals and diagrams. (Yet? :-) )

> but there must something wrong with the ftp server/port i only get the message
> "connected to triumph.cs.utah.edu"

There are ongoing problems with ftp access from *some* sites. I don't know the
details enough to tell why some can, and others can't, but it seems that sites
who are running firewalls may have the most problems, as some have succedded
with external, or "proxy" servers. MJB is working to solve what he can at his
end. From the Team.Net Web server:

Team.Net FTP Notes

Problems? We have had some reports of problems accessing or following ftp
links to the Team.Net ftp server, including stuff on the SOL Picture Page, etc.

If your browser just sits there forever, make sure that you have your email
address set in your browser preferences, otherwise it will be unable to
complete the anonymous ftp login required to access those links.

If you get some other kind of access denied message, it may be related to some
"firewall" blocking. We are working to solve any firewall problems at this end,
and should have a solution soon.

If you have other problems with this server, email mjb@autox.team.net with a
description of the problem.

To get to the Team.Net Archive Server, and learn how to access it, just go to
the Team.Net Archives Page.

------

On the other hand, for people who don't have ftp problems, the first
itteration of the SOL Technical Page is now available on the SOL Web at:

http://www.team.net/sol/

(Query: can you compuserve, AOL, and Prodigy folks get to everything on the
SOL server now??)

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (rwg@autox.team.net)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!