re: Tops/SUs

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Tops/SUs
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 11:32:00 -0500 (EST)
       Regarding tops for my MGB, I've always had good luck with the
       relatively inexpensive AMCO tops, they have the snaps already on them,
       install easily. Mine's lasted 10 years, with no indication it needs
       replacement.

       Regarding SU carbs, I agree with the previous posters who said to
       basically leave them alone. Since I had University Motors rebuild them
       a few years back, I haven't had to touch them after the initial set-
       up, other than for dashpot oil top-up. I use 3-in-1 oil. Engine idles
       nice & smooth at 800 or so RPM, plugs are nice & tan color.

       Colin             WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB
       73 BMW 3.0s