1970 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 MGB
From: garyc@cc.snow.edu (Gary E. Chidester)
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 18:21:47 -0600
I have been looking for a 'B' for some time now and think I may have found
it.  I would like some input before I put down my hard earned money
however.

It is a 1970 'B', red (paint is okay, but a little rough, wire wheels, new
top, interior in good shape, motor sounds good.  I have an appointment for
closer scrutiny on Tuesday.  The car has been in my area for several years
and I missed out when it sold the first time for $2,800.  The current owner
has put a little, not a lot of money and work into it and says he'll sell
to me for a good price.  He is a car collector (three Porches, a '67 Ford
Mustang, Chrysler Lebaron, '76 Triumph, etc., etc.,) and is selling four
cars from his current inventory, this is one of them.

I have a 1976 MG midget, but would like some tips on what to look for with
this car.  What are some good things and bad things.  What are some typical
problems, etc.  Would $2,500 be a reasonable price to pay?

I greatly value the combined knowledge of this group and would appreciate
any input.

Thank you.

Gary Chidester
garyc@cc.snow.edu