Re: exciting tonneau update -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exciting tonneau update -Reply
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 09:21:23 +0500
Randy Lancaster writes:

>Only one slight disagreement...if you wait until the top is warm and
>then pull it real tight to install the snaps, in about two weeks when
>some natural shrinkage occurs AND it gets cold, you may rip out the
>damn things.  Happened to a friend of mine (years ago) and is
>probably the reason the instructions that came with mine suggested a
>slightly loose fit, slightly of course being an undefined quantity!

Wow, that's impressive!  Mine has a slight sag to it in the middle, and it
flops around a bit when I'm driving at highway speeds.  Your point is
probably well taken.  I should say that it shouldn't be pulled extra tight
but that when warm it is easier to line up so that you don't get a lot of
creases or lines when the cover is snapped in place.

Will