Octane

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Octane
From: ilweiner@sover.net (Ira Weiner)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 18:51:34 -0500
I know that the MGB owner's manual specifies high octane gas, over 94 I
think.  My memory, however, tells me that there are different ways to
figure octane ratings.  My local gas stations carry 87, 89, and 93 octane.
I've been running the 93 but wonder if this is overkill.  No problems
(other than the expense, now $1.37/gal). Does anyone know if 89 octane is
sufficient, or should I try it and see?  BTW, I'm curently getting about
17-18 mpg on a newly rebuilt engine.  What can I expect after breakin??
Ira "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers" Weiner
Marlboro, Vermont
'68 'B'