RE: MG Club in Nor Cal?

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG Club in Nor Cal?
From: "Nelson, Don" <dnelson@moby.msd.lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 95 17:07:00 pst
(msg. clipped.  Andy asked about MG club or chapter in the San Jose/San
Francisco
California area.)

There are a couple of very active clubs in the Bay Area but the one I'm most
familiar with and a
 member of is the San Francisco Peninsula MG 'T' Register (SFPMGTR).
  Despite the 'T' in the
 name, all models of MGs are represented, not just the 'winged' variety.
 Naturally, I don't have
 all the info here at work but will post it tomorrow if nobody beats me to
it.

I'll take this opportunity to come out of lurk mode and introduce myself.
 My name is Don Nelson
 and am the owner of a 1954 TF which I have been restoring for the last
(*$&#@^) years.  I
 bought the car as a basket case and went great guns in the beginning;
finished the chassis and
 engine.  And that is pretty much where its been for the last (*$&#@^) years
due to the large hole
 in the ground I purchased (read: house.)

Thats the bad part.  The good part is that my interest in completing the car
has never waivered
 and I've pledged that 1995 will be the year that I will make significant
progress on it.  (That and
 finding a new job!)  My current stumbling block is fitting the (original)
doors to the (replacement)
 tub I had to purchase because the original broke in two.  (Connecticut
car.)  If anyone would like
 to offer assistance, both technical and practical, in fitting doors your
efforts would be well
 rewarded with cold beer and a hearty lunch.

That's enough for know.  Thanks for all the terrific dialogue.

Don Nelson
dnelson@moby.msd.lmsc.lockheed.com
'93 Acura Integra GSR
'67 Mustang Coupe
'54 TF ("It took me two trips to get it home!)
"Those friends thou hast and their adoption tried, bind them to thy soul
with hoops of steel."
Shakespeare