MASTER CYLINDER SECRETS

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MASTER CYLINDER SECRETS
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 95 15:30:00 -0400
Anyone? The car is a '57 MGZB. Can't get the clutch
to disengage. Slave cylinder was just rebuilt. The car
sat in a damp garage for 21 years before arriving in
my yard. (Mum said I could keep it... it followed me
home. Honest!) I think the brakes work, but I can't
say that I've tried them. The engine was seized when
the car came to me. It now fires at the push of the
switch.

Sooooo, the book says "...remove the pedal mask...."
English is supposed to be my mother tongue, but, I'm
not sure I know what part of the car this is.

The instructions go on to suggest removal of the pedal
pivot. I'm hoping to yank the m/c out without disturbing
the pedals.

Anyone been here before?

Alan