Master Cylinder Question

Subject: Master Cylinder Question
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 18:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
>From huntp@admin.fcbe.edu.on.caFri May 26 17:59:24 1995
[snip]
>I have one thing left which I can't seem to remedy.  Brakes.  When
>sitting at an intersection I find that the brake pedal starts slowly
>moving to the floor.

My '70 MGB had the same problem.  The PO said that this was normal, yeah
right...

If there is no loss of fluid, and the pedal can not be "pumped up" to
where it stays solid, then there must be an internal leak in the Master
Cylinder.  Since there is only one line to the cylinders there is not any
way for them to be at fault unless the fluid just leaks out on the ground...

Replacing my master cylinder solved the problem.  I was going to rebuild
it, but found it was too corroded.

Good luck, and don't skimp on the brake system componets... ;)
John Van Valkenburgh
Raleigh, NC