octane, ruff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: octane, ruff
From: ilweiner@sover.net (Ira Weiner)
Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 14:08:02 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my octane query.  I am currently trying 89
octane unleaded in my '68 B.  It runs fine on the road, but 2 or 3 times
lately it acts funny (ha,ha) when I pull in to my garage after driving home
(about 12 miles, uphill).  It usually idles fairly smoothly at 800 rpm or
so, but on these occassions it runs rough, idles at 500 rpm or so and
ultimately dies.  I'm planning on increasing the idle (turning the idle set
screws), unless someone has a better idea.