Re: MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD/ ZB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD/ ZB
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 14:15:50 -0500
On 30 May 95 at 9:16, ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com wrote:

> And, Roger Garnett, you do not have to remove the pedal
> pivot pin. Nor do you have to remove the clevis pins.
> Simply disconnect the fluid line from the front of the
> m/c, remove the two mounting bolts, lift the m/c free
> from the car.

Hmm, my memory said that the pushrods were pinned in, or some such, and it
would not come apart without doing so... There was *some* reason for it.

> I was able to purchase the clutch rebuild
> kit from Mar V. at British Auto Salvage.

Ah, good tip. I wonder if he does mail order...

> Roger, how about those plans to drop in an 1800? I e-mailed to you for the
> how-to's, but got no response.

Well, since you've taken me to task *publicly*! I've been looking for the
process I just posted a few weeks ago, but I may not have saved a copy
(either). If anybody has that, please send to me, so I can edit, add a couple
more details, and add to the SOL archives. Otherwise, I'll just have to write
it all over again.

BUT, I sorta figured that I should have *Plenty of time to reply*, seeing as
how you're on a stated 10 year plan on getting this car on the road! And, I've
been scurrying to get my Bugeye and trailer ready to go race at Mosport this
weekend. :-o

> Did your maggie have the 1800 already in it?

Yes, but the first thing I has to do was swap in another engine, so I learned
most of the differences right off the bat.

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!