New to group

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New to group
From: craig@wco.com (craig wiper)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 95 11:37 PDT
Hi folks, I discovered your group on the net and am pleased to be able to
interact. I drive an early '74 MGB almost daily. I fell in love with B's in
high school (1960's)
and get a real kick out of driving and working on them.

I had a '66 B in high-school (should have held on to it; didn't know any
better at the time!) for a couple of years. Sold it after a couple of years,
and forgot about them.
In 1987, I noticed an ad in the paper for one and remembered how good it was
to drive a B. After searching for a year, I found one that I could afford
(pretty beat up). I immediately realized that if I was going to keep an MGB
for any length of time I was going to have to learnd to work on it myself,
so that all my extra money wasn't going to go to mechanics every couple of
weeks.

Well, I've learned a lot. After replacing almost everything on the car
(body,radiator,bumpers,head,starter,clutch,windshield,windshield
frame,dash,instruments,alternator,distributor,interior,took off fold up top
and installed stow-away top to facilitate adding roll bar,gas
tank,shocks,batteries,etc,etc,etc...) I've now got a car that I can trust
and really love to drive. I have become quite adept with a wrench also!

Well, in closing, I'd like to say that it is a lot of fun getting to read
everyone's e-mail about MGB'S. I reside in Northern California (Santa Rosa)
and don't see many MGB's on the road around here. I get all of my parts by
mail order, usually from some great suppliers on the East Coast. I don't
know if it's proper to mention their name's over the internet, but I
wouldn't hesitate to do so because of the wonderful personal service these
folks give me.

I have 2 questions:

1.) What does SU stand for? I've never run across this in literature. I
assumed it might be Stromberg Union, but I'm only guessing.

2.) Does anyone know where I can find the little plastic seat belt holders
that mount to the rear left and right quarter panels in the cockpit of a
1974 MGB? I've not found that these are available from anyone.

Thanks for your time, and keep sending mail!

Craig Wiper
craig@wco.com