underside of hood -Reply

To: slindsay@nyx10.cs.du.edu
Subject: underside of hood -Reply
From: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 1995 10:06:36 -0400
Been there, done that...my 2 b's and one mga came without that
padding.  After cleaning underside of hood and the underside of the
trunk or boot lid, I got them painted when the rest was painted.  No
heat problem, no paint coming off, etc.  I now have standard B, 2
su's, YMMV.  I THINK, but don't know, that that padding was mainly
for noise suppression, but I have been without it now on 3 separate
MGs without problems, other that slight deafness.
||Randy Lancaster               | Tel:202-482-4487        ||
||National Telecommunications   | Fax:202-482-4396        ||
||and Information Administration| rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov ||
||Department of Commerce, USA   | 1967 MGB # 128,471      ||
||Heaven: home brew, driving an MG, but remember...its not||
||a leak, its a British flow through lubrication system!  ||