Re: Fire Hazards - MGB

To: ALESiegel@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fire Hazards - MGB
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 11:11:43 -0400 (EDT)
Alan,

With the portable (cellular) phone you a) have to know exactly
your location and hope the coordinator gets it right so that
the spreading of the fire can be prevented and b) you better
_never_ get caught by this misfortune close to the county
borders. Firemen usually can't work outside their territory
and what then happens is that they would know who to send - the
guys from A or B and so it will take a _long_ time for them to
show up.
I have heard of a guy who had bought a lemon (Monday) model of
a car. His insurance would pay in case of a fire and so it
happened that out of the blue that car caught fire right on
the borderline. It took the firemen more than an hour to decide
who was going to do the work.

Cheers,
        Gus