Re: Traifficators.

To: Scions of MOWOG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Traifficators.
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 10:32:39 -0900 (PDT)
On Mon, 12 Jun 1995, Jack Baker wrote:

> I am helping with the rebuild,( now finished and being driven)of a 1948 MGY
> Saloon. We are in need of a working traficator . We have one that works and
> a couple that are too tired to raise their little arms. Can anyone advise of
> a sourse of supply?? They are the same as the all the others used on Morris
> and Austin etc, or so we beleave.  Thanks

You are right. According to my Lucas catalogue, the part number is/was
54044 (supersession from earlier numbers), for a model SF80 trafficator
with "Staybrite" arm cover. This also fits various Austins, Humbers,
Jowetts, Rovers, Standards, Sunbeams and Sunbeam-Talbots, Triumphs,
Wolseleys, etc.

The original equipment was the SF40 model. The arm is the same length
(7.25" I think), but the profile of the "flag" is slightly different.

Good luck with repair/rebuild/replacement. Please let us know what
happens. Some of us with similarly equipped cars (my Mayflower...oops!
can I say that on this list?) might find the information useful.

Andy Mace