Midget Clutch Bleeding

Subject: Midget Clutch Bleeding
From: nvenn@mpc-uk.com (Neil Venn)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 9:29:55 BST
There has been a few posting lately about bleeding Midget clutches so I
thought I'd add my two-pence worth.

I fitted a five speed Toyota Celica gearbox into my 1275cc Mk IV RWA, it
came in kit form from a company called Frontline Developments here in
England who do a few Midget performance goodies. Anyway, in the kit they
supply a length of copper tube with a union at each end - one end to fit
into the clutch slave cylinder, where the bleed nipple ought to go, and
the other union accepts the bleed nipple. The pipe is long enough to come
up into the engine bay and can be formed and fixed in a convenient position.
This makes bleeding much more simple as you don't need three people - one
to open and close the nipple, one to press the clutch pedal and one to
check the fluid level!

I have only had to bleed the clutch system when I first fitted it, but it
seemed easier and was certainly more comfortable than crawling under the
car. I don't know if the unions were specially made or are available off
the shelf, if they're available off the shelf perhaps anyone who wants to
try could get hold of a tube flaring kit and give it a go. And let us all
know how you get on.

--
/------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|                                  |                                     |
| Beep, beep,                /|    |  E-Mail: nvenn@hoskyns.co.uk        |
|                          /| o    |                                     |
| Neil                 (8^)=) |    |  Paper Mail: Neil Venn,             |
|                       "   | o    |              Technical Consultant,  |
| "Safety Fast!"            \_|    |              Hoskyns,               |
|                            "     |              City House,            |
|                            *     |              190 City Road,         |
|                           *      |              London, WC1V 2QH,      |
|                         *        |              England.               |