More Idiot PO Stories

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Idiot PO Stories
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:14:15 -0400
Well, after having overheating problems of my own, I decided it was time
to flush the cooling system and replace the old water pump and belt for
security's sake.  Upon removing the pump, I discovered that the bypass
hose was the wrong diameter and was made of the cheapest heater hose I've
ever seen.  Moreover, the bypass was completely clogged with what can
best be described as crystaline gunk -- probably some cheap radiator
sealant the DSPO used beacause he was too lazy to replace a gasket.

Well, after the flushing and replacing and installing a new bypass hose,
my car runs about 30 degrees (f) cooler than before and I have no more
overheating problems.  It just makes me wonder.  But the Smidgin just
keeps taking care of me no matter what!

Andy Ramm

'67 Midget MkIII -- The Smidgin