Re: Water Wetter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Wetter
From: daveph@ix.netcom.com (David Hay)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 19:16:32 -0700

>As always, debunkin the mythology of combustion engine technology is
high on my priority list and I have questions about the following:

>SplitFire
>
>Sounds like absolute BS and that side gapping would accomplish the
same or a better result.  Anybody tried 'em.

Andy,

    I too was curious about the SplitFires for a while because the idea
behind them sounds good and reasonable. However while I was buying some
Bosch Platinums at my local parts store I casually asked one of the
mechanics about the SplitFires. He said that they actually do give a
small but noticeable increase in power BUT they also have a nasty habit
of shedding their ground electrode(s). I guess the thermal stresses are
so great that they just burn off and fall into the combustion
chamber(!). I'd stay clear of these plugs and all of this type of
gimicky BS. Stick with what you know - Bosch, Champion, NGK. Any other
stories about these plugs? Comments?

    Take care,
                     Dave Hay