Interference with radiator stay bar on MG TD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Interference with radiator stay bar on MG TD
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 95 22:57 EST
I notice that the radiator stay bar (on the passenger side) runs so close to
the air intake manifold that there is barely room for a sheet of paper. These
two parts must surely be striking under normal engine vibration. This can't
be good.

Under-the-hood pictures I have seen of restored TDs show a bend in the stay bar
that provides clearance between these two parts.

Do I have a left hand stay bar on the right hand side of my car? Or is this bend
a modification that the owners have made? The Moss catalog does not show
separate LH and RH parts.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD