Re: MGA in Heat!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA in Heat!
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 07:48:04 +0500
Mark Dement writes:

>What he did find
>that was most effective and cost NOTHING AT ALL was to turn the grille slats
>slightly forward allowing more air flow.  He discovered this during his
>experiments by accident while driving the A on a 100+ degree day with the
>grille removed.

That's consistent with photos of works racing MGA's I've seen in both
McComb's and Vitrikas' books.  Take a look at the cars prepared for Le Mans.
 They removed the stock grill and put in its place a very much thinner, sort
of purposeless grill, that no doubt increased air flow to the rad.  I think
they cut holes in the front valence (sp?) for brake ventilation, too.

Another thing I've heard of doing is putting slats in the hood (bonnet).  I
suppose this is intended to enhance cross ventilation.  It enhances the cars
appearance, if nothing else!

Will "style is everything" Zehring