Tyre Size Survey

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tyre Size Survey
From: Paul Knights <paul@picotech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 12:16:33 GMT
Many MG owners have experimented with fitting different size/profile tyres.
Wider tyres increase grip in the dry, but can reduce grip in wet or icy
conditions.  Lower profile tyres can help handling by reducing the centre of
gravity but affect the drive ratio and can cause grounding problems.

So what size is best for a particular MG ?  To try and answer this I am asking
all of you who have non-standard tyres to help with this survey.  Once complete
I will post the results.

Please do not clog up the mailgroup with this as it will make rather boring
reading (unless you have some comments that will be of general interest).
Instead please.....

           E-Mail to:        enfmgoc@picotech.co.uk.

The info needed is the following (in an easy to cut and paste format)

Model                  :
Year                   :
Tyre Size              :
Tyre type (if known)   :
Is car lowered ?       :
Any problems ?         :
Comments (optional)    :

Example

Model                  : Midget 1500 Rubber Bumper
Year                   : 1977
Tyre Size              : Front 165/70R13 Rear 175/70R13
Tyre type (if known)   : Michelin MXT
Is car lowered ?       : 2 inches at front, 1 at the back
Any problems ?         : Very close to wheel arches, but just OK
Comments (optional)    : MXTs are expensive, but seem to give better wet grip
                         that the Pirelli P6s they replaced.

Many Thanks in advance.

Alan Tong
"Who's General Failure & why's he reading my disk?"