Too rich, can't lean.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Too rich, can't lean.
From: landl@ix.netcom.com (LYN MARKMAN)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 08:13:55 -0700
77 Midget.
Can't lean enough to pass Calif. smog.  Zeinuth carb rebuilt by me (a
novice).  The needle is not the number I see in the Moss catalog for
Calif. so I should probably start there.  Otherwise, the engine is
strong.  Has about 2K on new rebuild.  Plugs are running very black.
If I lean it all the way (still won't pass) it runs poorly.  So I have
to richen to get it to run well.

Smoothness of idle is questionable also.  If the vacuum lines are all
fresh, shouldn't the engine be fairly smooth.

Looking for a little direction and help.  thanks