Cooling info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling info
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:43:48 -0400
Well, I have a partial verdict on the little yellow plastic fan.  On my
midget, there wasn't much clearence between the fan and the little can
that attaches to the PCV tube.  When the motor really warmed up, the fan
started to scrape against the can and producedd a terrible racket.  At
first, I thought a generator bearing went kablooey (that's a technical
term for failure).  I have no idea if this will affect other cars besides
mine.  Perhaps a spacer would be in order.  I'll investigate.

OTOH, when it wasn't rubbing, there was a noticible, though not huge
difference in cooling efficiency, more apparent at stop lights than at
cruising speed which is to be expected.  However, when the fan began
rubbing, it became noticeably less efficient and the temp went up to 200
degrees f.  Just my $.00000000002 billion (or something).

Andy Ramm

'67 Midget Mk III -- The Smidgin