Black plates in California, others need not read.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Black plates in California, others need not read.
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 13:46:59 -0700
(Minimal LBC content)
My wife and I bought a '57 Chevy Bel Air 4 door wagon yesterday, and while
registering it we learned something interesting about California state law.
If you say you are a collector of historical or special interest cars,
which you are maintaining for hobby or professional purposes, you can keep
the original black plates!  So, thanks to the one polite DMV worker in the
state, we can keep the plates the car was originally registered with.  So
next time you are faced with the usual hassles at the DMV and want to keep
the plates, tell 'em you're a collector!  A collection can be as small as
one car.  Now if I can just find a pair of '51 plates for my TD...  sf

Stan Fickes             If you want safe speed--buy safe speed--MG.
Wireless comm., ATG     1951 MGTD, under restoration
Apple Computer, Inc.    1965 Sprite, daily commuter
(408) 974-7653          1957 Bel Air StWgn, family car