1967 MGB mystery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967 MGB mystery
From: RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 13:38:17 -0400
I have a thin, clear plastic tube that starts with an open plastic
"T" in the trunk, goes downs thru the hole in the trunk bottom where
the main wiring harness leg goes, and then is looped up in the
general location of the fuel pump.  It connects to nothing.  I
thought it might go to the air breather in the banjo axle, but that
was wrong, the sizes are very different.  Does anyone else have this?
 Is there perhaps a connection of the fuel pump that needs clean air,
or at least cleaner air than is down there?  Any other ideas, thanks
in advance.  Please, no offers of female Russian mechanics...skilled
in whatever.
||Randy Lancaster               | Tel:202-482-4487        ||
||National Telecommunications   | Fax:202-482-4396        ||
||and Information Administration| rlancaster@ntia.doc.gov ||
||Department of Commerce, USA   | 1967 MGB # 128,471      ||
||Heaven: home brew, driving an MG, but remember...its not||
||a leak, its a British flow through lubrication system!  ||