garbage on the list

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: garbage on the list
From: DOGEDOC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 11:22:45 -0400
>When you say "this is the United States" to what are you refering ? (the
location of the server ?)

There was a recent 3 part article in the New York Times dealing with just
this type of problem. According to this article new legal precedents are
being established.

If  a server or a "transfer node" gets any kind of remote funding from the
U.S. federal government, then federal laws apply.

>Do lists of this type have to remain public domain or could they become
private ?

Just because a list is private does not entitle it to depriving
consititutional rights if the server resides in the United States.

>But if the sending mail-ids are fake they would never see the responses
anyway.

We assume they never look at the responses but anyone psychologically
imbalanced enough to do this must get an equal or greater thrill at seeing
the responses generated from it.

To wit, I will comment no more on this or any other garbage so as to render
the final blow to the mail-ids.

Joseph