Re: MGA Parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Parts
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 10 Jul 1995 14:51:45 -0500
In <30017BF6@msgate.reston.unisysgsg.com>, Unger, Larry @ RES wrote:

>Any suggestions on the best place to purchase MGA parts?
>Scarborough Faire seems 'inexpensive' ... but I am concerned
>regarding their quality/service.

This issue has arisen before.  From my perspective SF does have
attractive prices, but I have personally had very bad experiences with
them, which seems to mirror other opinion on the net as well.  The
biggest problem is delivery.  On a large order, they charged the
credit card immediately, then did not ship for several months.  When
they did ship, the order was incomplete.  Even though I canceled the
remainder, they do not offer refunds, just credit, but they did not
have stock on anything I needed, so I lost the money.  It would have
been far less expensive and faster to deal with the usual sources, to
wit, Moss and Victoria British.  There are some other A vendors
(most notably Clarke) in the monster vendor list at the SOL ftp site.

Good luck!                      A. B. Bonds