Re: fuel gage problems again (was: No Subject)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel gage problems again (was: No Subject)
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 11:56:37 +0600
Bruce Hill <BHILL@UA1VM.UA.EDU> writes:

>Haynes manual is correct, a bad or missing ground will cause a full
>reading.

That's exactly opposite what happens on my 77 B.  Grounding the green/black
lead at the sending unit causes a full reading, removing the lead causes an
empty reading (I just checked it to make sure).

Could the test procedure be different between positive-ground (Bruce's MGA)
and negative-ground cars (my MGB)?
--
Jay Tilton     | Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like bananas.
jtilton@vt.edu |