Ignition question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition question
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 95 22:20:56 EDT
I've been off the list for the last two days, so if anybody sent responses
about my MGB ignitions question, I missed it.  (my fault, I unsubscribed,
then tried to get mgs in a digest form, before realizing there wasn't a
digest form.)

Anyways, one of my '79 MGB's has a "lumention" electronic ignition.  The
bridge resistor etc. has been disconnected.  The other '79 MGB has an
electronic ignition, and the amp on the fender wall is a red anodized box
with fins, marked "RCA". The bridge resistor wiring is still connected.

Can anybody tell me about the "RCA" system?  Who sold it?  Can I get some
idea of what the wiring is supposed to be like?  Ditto for the lumention
system.  I'm transferring an engine between the two cars, and I want to make
sure the wiring gets connected correctly.

While  I'm at it, what's the little plastic thing mounted on top of the brake
booster box that has two places for vacuum hoses to be connected?  The hose
connections are at right angles.  Both cars have this disconnected, and the
Haynes manual doesn't say.

thanks,

Sean Johnson

thanks,