Re: Voltage stabilizer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Voltage stabilizer
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 07:56:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 17 Jul 1995, Roger Garnett quoted Pat Vilbrandt:

> Keep in mind, tho, that the mechanical voltage stabilizer/gauge combination
> may have inherent temperature compensation built in as a _system_.  I seem to
> recall someone mentioning that after they had built a solid-state equivalent,
> their gauges showed some variability as the ambient temperature changed.
>    Pat Vilbrandt      Fluke Corporation      Everett, Washington USA
>    pwv@tc.fluke.COM or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv

Excellent point.  The worst part is that the gauges would read high in
hot weather... when the temperature gauge might already be reading a high
coolant temperature, this might compound the error.... The voltage
stablizer should be delivering a shorter duty cycle in hot conditions
than cold conditions.

(Boomer alert): Sometimes I am glad I used to play the game "Mousetrap",
you know, the one where you built a Rube Goldberg device.... early
training for Britcars and Goal-Oriented Iterative Terminal Entry and
Reentry (hacking out a program).

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle