Re: Engine cuts out after sharp right turn

To: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Engine cuts out after sharp right turn
From: Joanne Hershfield/Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 23:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Here's an interesting problem: '79 MGB - when I take a sharp right turn
> the engine sometimes cuts out for a second or 2... After that itpicks up
> & runs great again.  Note: this only occurs on a right turn.  I assume

YUP... well at least on my "older" MGB's, this type of activity usually
leads me to find out that the high tension spark lead from the coil to
the distributor is touching (grounding out) on the oil filter or the
distributor body...  often the insulation where the tension leads connect
together (that is if they do that on your car... and they are not one
piece) will be pulled back from the slip connector and the bare metal
will contact up under the oil filter where it can't be easily seen ( a
tricky little Lucas-Ism) ... if not that check other elctrical
possibilities in regards to the distributor HT Circuit.. otherwise.....
NEXT......

Regards
Jim Fink
'64-'69-'71 MGB's