MGB Rocker restoration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Rocker restoration
From: RobertS355@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:57:55 -0400
I'm in the process of restoring a '63 MGB which has suffered from all the
typical rust problems of B's.  The car is completely stripped to the shell.
 I've taught myself how to weld and have all the necessary replacement panels
from Moss.  The inner channels, castle sills and the inner rocker panel are
all in place, as well as, new outer the wheel well panels on both sides.  The
doors line up very well so I'm actually pretty proud of myself for a first
effort.

Now the downside.  I'm ready to put the outer rocker panel in and I'm finding
that I'm about an 1/8" short of the outer wheel well.  When I fit the lower
panel for the rear fender I need that 1/8" in the wheel well to fit with the
flanged part of the fender.  Also, where the fender patch meets the outer
rocker there's what I believe to be an unacceptable gap of about a 5/16-3/8".
 The question is, do Moss panels typically need a little adjusting (everthing
else seemed to go in fine) or does one simply "make things fit"???  I think
the latter is possible by forcing some movement in the wheel well panel but
I'm concerned about the later fit of the fender patch and possible
distortion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Scardamalia
RobertS355@Aol.com