MGB LE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB LE
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 10:28:47 +1000
At the risk of stirring up my US cousins again I would like to point out
that ther was another LE produced which has become very valuable and
collectable.

In October 1980 a batch of 1000 cars was produced at Abingdon and this was
the end of production.
There were 580 metallic pewter GTs and 420 metallic bronze roadsters.  All
were right hand drive and had overdirve.  All had overdirve and the twin SU
carbies.  The upholstery was the striped velour which had been used in all
the UK spec rubber noses.  The GTs all had a mag wheel very similar to the
US spec LE, but with a different colour in the painted sections.  Some of
the roadsters had painted wire wheels.  The roadsters had a gold side decal
and the GTs a silver decal along the side - the same design as the US spec.
All the badges, including the steering wheel centre (in the standard four
spoke soft plastic wheel) and the mag wheels centres (but excluding the boot
badge on the roadsters) were red or had a red background.  There were no
distinguishing plaques.  The tyres were 185s.

I have one of these cars which has travelled just13,600 miles.  Market value
here is about $A26,000 ($US19,000).

Hope this helps

Graham
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia