Re: Oil Draining

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Draining
From: Alan Brooke <alban@psdb-tb.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 13:05:14 +0100
Actually the cover gasket is glued to the cover not the head. Having said
that when I undid the cover bolts and tried to take it off it was stuck
tight. My initial assumption that the oil was coming out through the gasket
seems wrong, I now suspect that I'm getting a lot of vapour coming out
through the filler breather. That or the oil is "backing up" within the
cover and filling it to the brim, then being forced out. However there
doesn't seem to be enough oil, i.e. lots, for that to be the case.

I'm going to fire it up with the filler cap off and see if it fills up
inside. If my next posting is covered in oil you'll know why (;->)

Al