Re: Starting Problems - 79 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting Problems - 79 MGB
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 13:46:08 PDT
I have had a similar problem...  One afternoon, I was driving home in a
serious rain-storm.  Drove through a huge puddle, and then I had the
intermittent starting problems you've described.  Took apart the starter
selonoid, and found that there was 20 years of accumulated muck in there.
Cleaned it all out, filed down the contacts clean, and voila, no more
starting problems!
:)

Dave
dhall@vcd.hp.com