RE: MBG Pushrods, et. al.

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MBG Pushrods, et. al.
From: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 95 08:01:00 mdt
Another source of the problem may be that the rocker adjusters are too
short.  There are two types of adjusters: one with a hole through them and
the other is solid.  The solid adjusters are also about 1/8 " longer.  I had
to change to the solid adjusters when I installed a high lift cam because
the adjusting nuts were on the last 1-2 threads of the adjuster when I used
the ones with a hole in them.

Another area to check if you are using a Marina crank is to be sure the hole
for the pilot bushing is large enough for the first motion shaft.  A friend
of mine found this out the hard way  when he went to mate the motor to the
transmission and found the pilot bushing hole in the crank was much smaller
than the diameter of the first motion shaft.  He had to disassemble the
entire engine and have the hole enlarged.
Hope this helps
Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
1968 MGB