MGB cutting out on R turn

Subject: MGB cutting out on R turn
From: 007 <jmel@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 11:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone:

A few weeks ago, I posted my lastest problem in the MGB saga - It only
started a couple of months ago, and already it feels like 'War & Peace'.
Don't get me wrong, I love my MGB.  Its actually easier to work on than
the old VW Beetle I had before....

Anyway - I was having a problem with my '79 MGB cutting out for a second
or two after a sharp right turn.  Thanks for all the suggestions - some
people suggested that I make sure the wires from the coil weren't getting
an intermittant short - I checked those - put electricians tape on all
potentially suspect areas - that didn't fix it.

Then I found that the dampener on the carb (Zenith on a '79) was bone dry
- no oil.  Put oil in, per the book, so that resistance is felt at a
clearance of 1/4", and the problem of the motor cutting out has gone
away....

But where's the oil going?  I've filled it several times - anyone have any
ideas????

Question 2:

I took off the rear wheel/brake drum, etc. with the intention of changeing
the wheel bearings.  What I found was that the bearing sticks about
half-way out of the flange, with no obvious way to remove it..  Do I need
some sort of puller ????

Thanks in advance

Jim Mellander