Re: AC

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AC
From: AbnSapper@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 13:42:23 -0400
In a message dated 95-08-07 16:02:27 EDT, thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise
Thorpe) writes:

>> >Air on a British car from the factory? Have you ever been there. <g>
>> >
>> >Lew Palmer
>> >
>> AC to my knowldge was a dealer installed kludge. It was popular on cars
>sold new in Texas and  Florida.

The AC was added on by the dealer, never came overseas with them installed.
 My fater purchased his '74 BGT new in '73 with AC installed.  I now own a
'74 BGT with AC also installed.  There were several makes of kits available
at the time.  I have a large clumsy compressor manufactured by York.  It sits
where the air pump should be.  You can still get today the AC kits if
interested.  There is an asain model that has a very small compressor that
works well and doesn't drain off too much power, at least compared to my
York.

Andy
'74 BGT
 (w/ AC in Indiana)