Re: MG Reliability

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Reliability
From: Alan Tong <alan@picotech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 11:27:28 GMT
In your message dated Friday 11, August 1995 you wrote :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This leads me onto another question.
>
> What is the highest mileage that any of you have done in your MG
> without having to attend to the slightest thing? Should be
> interesting as a guage of MG reliability.
>
> RoB.................
>
> MG Midget 79

Rob,

If you do not include regular servicing & checking I did 33,000 miles with my
last Midget between problems.  The first problem was a clutch that blew up
(literally) all was then fine for 33,000 miles until a truck decided to make
the
car 2 foot shorter!

I do about 1000 miles a week in MGs and average about 20K between problems - do
I win the prize for doing the highest MG mileage a year?

Alan Tong
"Who's General Failure & why's he reading my disk?"