Re: over heating

To: frodo@world.std.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: over heating
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 08:51:26 -0700
In message <Pine.3.89.9508180830.A10414-0100000@world.std.com> ben w sears
writes:

> Last evening while attempting to  drive home in traffic my MGB 80 started
> to overheat.  This resulted in many hours of waiting and a new jug of
> antifreeze.  I have had this problem since I bought the car 8 years ago.
> I recently put in two new fans but I do not think they were working
> correctly.  Doe any one have any ideas.
>
> Private e-mail is fine but your choice
>

> Thanks

I had the same problem.  Timing correct, carbs set properly, engine flushed out,
new largest core I could put in the radiator, good hoses that didn't compress,
good radiator cap.

What would happen is I would come to a light over heat a little & loose just a
little coolent.  Next stoplight it would have just a little less coolent
overheat just a little more & spit out a little more coolent.

I ended up geetting as coolent recovery bottle & bracket from a Triumph GT6 and
installing it in the B.  Solved my overheating problem.  It pusses a little
coolent out then sucks it back in and no longer goes into thermal runaway.

TeriAnn