Re: wrenching women survey

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wrenching women survey
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 17:18:25 PDT
Paul Davis <mgbv8@cybersys.demon.co.uk asked:

> > According to my informal survey, there are five women who work on cars
> > (Datsuns count) and post to the mailing list, and four wrenching women
> > who are the significant others of people who post to the list.
>
> [chop]
> >
> > Denise "that lumpy car guy" Thorpe
>
> Denise, is it you or the car that is lumpy ? ;-)

Me.  When I wrenched for a living, if someone objected, I used to tell
'em, "Try to think of me as a lumpy guy."  The only _mechanic_ I worked
with who had trouble with the gender issue was the guy who was always
saying, "It doesn't bother me that you're a woman."

Denise "the car guy with the lumps" Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com