Re: Overdrives

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrives
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 19:48:31 +0800
> >A non related question to netters "across the pond"  What does the term
> >"swarf" mean?
> Swarf is the filings etc which make such a mess when you work on any metal
> surface - a bit like sawdust is to a wood worker

Here in the Great Northwest (USA version), a Swarf is a passenger
ferry with twin hulls, kind of like a pair of very large torpedoes
under the water line with deck space on a platform spanning the two
hulls above the waterline. Building big boats is a local industry on the
island where I live. I wonder how we arrived at that name for a boat?

Jerry Causey
Whidbey Island, Washington
home of *many* LBCs, mostly MGBs & Jag saloons