re: 77 mgb backfire

To: <john_famolaro@wmkps.sps.mot.com>
Subject: re: 77 mgb backfire
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 14:16:33 -24000
I don't know how your evaporative carbon trap hoses are connected, but if the
anti-run on valve has been removed from the circuit (mounts next to the
windshield washer tank) you may get what is usually called "dieseling," or
run-on.

The anti run-on valve shuts the hose from the carbon traps when the engine is
turned off, preventing the carb from running on the fumes from the trap.

I also noticed a valve being sold in somebody's catalog (Moss or V-B) for
backfiring.  There wasn't any text saying how it worked.

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB
'75 Spitfire