"tech talk" book? <wzehring>

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "tech talk" book? <wzehring>
From: john.bartholomew@amail.amdahl.com
Date: Friday, 25 August 1995 10:57 PT
Fellow & Fellow'esses
     I just received this book in the mail, had a quick look through and I
don't see anything earth shattering. I too, like Will have an appetite  r
for MG knowledge, so I ordered one when I saw it advertised in the NAMGR
magazine. I don't think the print quality is as good as could have been.ough.
The tech bulletins are a little difficult to read because of the loss of
some clarity in reproduction, small numbers and letters don't reproduce well
well on XEROX copies. There are a total of 48 pages, all xerox quality.,
Pictures are realy poor because the large black areas don't copy well.  ll in
I think it could have been a little cheaper price, perhaps $20.
As for technical content, there is some usefull information on potentialtial
electrical problems with starters, O/D's, relays etc. Cooling problems, re
emmission systems etc, yep there is some good reading. When time permits read
I will read more & add it to the workshop manual library. I believe
there are different manuals available depending on your marque, I
suspect they are of similar print quality. My book on the MG covers B's
and Migets, however there are Healey pictures and references?
Comparing technical content with a shop manual, the shop manual is a
*steal* at the price, I am still glag I got mine though.
 John Bartholomew  AMDAHL SAN JOSE CA.  Usual disclaimers apply
  69 BGT, 74 MGB, 78 MGB, restoring 76 MGB, 72 MGB daily transport.
408-746-6361 (07:00-16:00 PDT)  via internet   jdb70@amail.amdahl.com