Disassemble (Sp?) Air Pump on 72 Midget??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Disassemble (Sp?) Air Pump on 72 Midget??
From: ciaffone@nando.net
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 08:59:04 +0000
Has anybody torn down an Air Pump lately?  Mine is frozen, and I want
to gut it and reassemble.  I removed the back end and the collar that
holds the vanes in, then removed the vanes.  I removed the pulley
from the front end.  And that's all I can get off **easily**.

1. Anybody know whether its safe to pull (mit ein pulleypuller) the
pulley mounting plate off the front of the rotor shaft?

2. Anybody know how to free the rotor/shaft/pulley mounting plate so
the rotor turns in the body of the pump?

I have not yet tried alternative heat and cold, but would be willing
to try.
I am going to get a quart of penetrating oil and try a bath.  Many
iterative sprays of WD-40 have done nothing.

Thanks fer yr patience, any help will be appreciated.

chuck

oh yes, I just deleted 50 some-odd "notes" from Dean Craig.
---------
// Chuck Ciaffone
// 919-544-4878
// ciaffone@nando.net