Painting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting
From: MACEDONIA <macedonia-statc@kaman.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 08:14:21 -0400 (EDT)
I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the best kind of black paint to use on components inside the engine
compartment (ie., heater, radiator, etc.). Is Rustolium (sp?) ok? Or is the
heat intense enough to require something else?

2. In this same vein, in restoring the front and rear ends what is the best way
to prepare the metal first (sandblasting, steam, etc.)? And then, what is the
best paint to use on the cleaned surfaces. I've heard references to stuff
called Hammerite. Is that what I use and if so, where do I get it?

Thanks in advance,

David Macedonia ['66 MGB]
macedonia-statc@kaman.com