was girlfriend bashing, now some whining

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: was girlfriend bashing, now some whining
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 13:03:15 PDT
Graham said:
> > >         Jeez, this is kinda drastic dont you think?
> >
> > >         LBC Content: Someone suggested that maybe my LBC was having
> > > a bad reaction to my girlfriend when it wouldn't start. I think
> > > that's a definate possibility. So I dumped her.
> >
> > Jeez, speaking of drastic!
> >

>         Well, it was kind of a joke, but i forgot the smileys. I didn't
> dump her, of course, she dumped me! :)

I kinda knew you were kidding and I was too, but decided smileys weren't
necessary.

Related lbc incident:  Sometime after I bought my first MG, which was
beaucoup years ago, I was on a first date with some bozo at some restaurant.
All through dinner he kept asking me those questions designed to determine
if there was something about me that would make me objectionable as a wife
and the mother of his children, you know, like opinions or goals of my own.
If we weren't in a restaurant, he would have checked my teeth.

Out of the blue, he asked me what I drove.  I told him a '67 MGB.  He looked
at the table for a few seconds and then said, "You're selling that car."
Then he gave me a 15 minute lecture about how we were both taking the next
day off from work so we could go car shopping.  He was going to pick out
a nice, reliable, brand new Japanese economy car for me and I was going to
pay for it.  He obviously thought that I had no say in this and that I should
consider it a big favor.  I waited politely until he'd finished and then
asked him if he really wanted me to choose between him and my car.  The next
words out of his mouth were, "Check, please!"  I've never been escorted from
a restaurant quite so briskly and I never heard from him again, aw shucks.
So technically, he dumped me, but that's only because I didn't get the chance
to dump him.  The _noive_ o' some people!

Denise "Bugs Bunny's my hero" Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com