Re: Timing info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing info
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:06:32 +1000

>Are your timing values with the vacuum connected or disconnected.
>
>I don't have a manual to hand at the moment (its at home - I'm not!) but you
>might find that the teeth of the comb are every 4 degrees giving a timing range
>from 20 degrees BTDC to 0 degrees BTDC.
>
>I could post the values from my workshop manual tomorrow, but someone will
>probably have posted the correct values by then.

The timing marks are 5 degrees apart commencing with top dead centre (and
this is from the factory manual).

Be careful of too much reliance on the marks.  The bottom pulley has a
rubber centre, designed to remove harmonics from the crankshaft and there
can be a slight turning.  If in doubt find top dead centre by taking No 1
spark plug out, establishing top dead centre and then seeing where that is
in relation to the timing marks and then 'lay off' the error, if any.

Regards>
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055