Re: More on Midget handling.

To: Bert Palte <vortex@worldaccess.nl>
Subject: Re: More on Midget handling.
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 12:42:29 -0600 (MDT)
        I just fired a message out on handling and then read Bert's
comments.    I AGREE with him entirely about the difficulty in
ascertaining when a lever arm type shock is good or bad.  It appears that
the standard test of pushing down on the fender to see how it reacts does
not give a good indication of its condition. I also agree that changing the
shocks is probably the best thing to do to make a noticeable difference in
handling.
        However, I disagree about the quality of reconditioned shocks.
Maybe he had a bad experience with a set of recond. shocks.
I am always open minded though, and maybe my experiences with recond.
shocks was a fluke, (which would be strange considering I've bought some
from England and some here in the USA).
I'd like to know from the 'group' what they think about the quality of
recond. shocks.

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University